Go beneath the skin to bones, joints, primary muscle groups and movement to understand some complexity about how the human body is built. We introduce and explore eight main regions of the body: spine and core, pelvis, hip, lower extremity (from hip to foot), foot and ankle, shoulder, upper extremity (from the shoulder to the hand), wrist and hand. Each session builds upon the more basic information presented in our foundational Anatomy Primer series, and in this course you will bridge into more complex anatomy and kinesiology concepts with some application to yoga practice and poses. This course is accredited though Yoga Alliance and counts towards 20 hours of non-contact continuing education hours, which fulfills the entire 3-year requirement for teachers.
This course consists of eight 60-minute recorded sessions.
- Each session is recorded, archived and available to watch on your own time, whenever you like, as many times as you like, via our website for one year from your date of purchase.
- All sessions require an internet connection capable of streaming video. Videos are not available to download.
- Immediately after purchase, your course is available in the “My Library” section of our platform when you are logged into the website.
- Sessions consist of lectures with visual aids and additional materials are provided.
- For questions or trouble with the technology, contact email@example.com
We cover the following body regions in this order:
• Session 1: Spine and Core
• Session 2: Pelvis
• Session 3: Hip
• Session 4: Lower Extremity (hip to foot)
• Session 5: Foot and the Ankle
• Session 6: Shoulder
• Session 7: Upper Extremity (shoulder to hand)
• Session 8: Wrist and Hand
- An internet connection
- A computer smartphone or tablet
- An interest in anatomy
- Motivation and self-directed learning
- Desire to interact and participate in an online group forum
“I am super excited to join in on this course. I have some catching up to do but I do have scoliosis and am fused from T3 to L4 and it runs with my family. I hope to gain some knowledge for my own practice as well as to share with others.” —Elizabeth, Louisville Kentucky
“Your online courses are awesome! I [participate in] online courses with many other teachers, and I find that your courses offer way more resources, seem to be exceptionally current – rather than pre-planned, and relate to our interaction and feedback ( where you use threads from each week). [It is] truly inspiring, captivating and engaging, as well as encouraging, to learn more and to give more to our students and ourselves. After all, we are our own biggest students. I am so enthralled by your teaching, I wish I could do everything!” – Michelle Cross